Laine's veggie patch


At the moment, the veggie patch is full of promise of what is to come. 

Redcurrants are working on getting their colour, the runner beans are clearly going to be plentiful (possibly one of my most favourite vegetables in late summer), the beetroot look like they have potential and I will have to choose a pan to ruin when I cook them. Lettuce has already been a feature on our plates for a couple of weeks now, and the potatoes, hopefully, will be ready for digging up in the next week or two.  Carrots, parsnips and French beans are all doing what they are supposed to do too. Watering is done daily, especially with this gorgeous spell we are having and I feed them all once a week. I love our garden and I am very thankful to mother nature for doing her bit too.






Author:  Laine Bennet

Comments