Lockdown reflection


My biggest memory of lockdown is my first virtual dinner party with the friends we always see on a Saturday night.  I sent out a menu and some activities and we all set the table beautifully like it was Christmas, dressed for dinner and treated it like a major event. It was lovely.  I made desserts which I delivered to their front gardens and it made the lockdown a bit more bearable.  We did it for 8 weeks and truthfully, by the end of it all I was over it. We then moved on to meeting them in Nonsuch Park for a gin and a picnic.  Thankfully now we are back to meeting in person again but I will remember it fondly.

I am mostly looking forward to having a bit of headspace from school.  These weeks have been incredibly challenging and The Beacon staff should be very proud of all that we have done to keep the engines turning but everyone of us needs a chunk of the holiday where we do things for ourselves.  September will be here in a moment, so I will be decorating my kitchen, reading my book, drinking gin, and visiting my family in Liverpool.

I am also looking forward to hiring a mobile outdoor cinema as we have 3 birthdays in a row in our house and are having a 4 day cinema fest in the garden.

I will be definitely adding Dirty Dancing to the list of films, what else would you suggest?

Have a great summer,

Karen


Author:  Karen Randall


Comments